THINKARTWORKTT Studio’s initial intention was to focus on the needs of the local artist, the has vision expanded into the development of an international residency programme.
The programme aims to develop the creative and critical thinking process of the new and aspiring artists, by providing the platform to showcase their work, which might not otherwise be seen. By facilitating workshops, artist-talks and exhibitions, and motivating them to make an innovative contribution. Committed to new forms of expression we are open to experiments or new forms of art, which offer artists the opportunity to pioneer unmapped territory, to test their limits and challenge themselves and their audiences. From clothing designers to food installations THINKARTWORKTT Studio’s offers viewers a taste of the unexpected.
Vision & Objective
THINKARTWORKTT Studio’s purpose resides around the promotion of dialogue between artists of different disciplines and nationals, with a specific focus on Art and Networking.
Why TAW STUDIO?
The residency programme would allow artists to spend time working in Trinidad over variable periods. It will facilitate the initiation of cultural and artistic exchange and promote cultural understanding and artistic endeavors across a variety of cultures. THINKARTWORKTT Studio’s programme allows the exchange artist to develop professionally through networking opportunities which would be beneficial both to the visiting artist as well as the art community of Trinidad & Tobago through the invigoration of the exchange of ideas and new ways of working. Over the past few years the owner, Fitzroy Hoyte Jr. has built a strong local reputation and as such is well equipped to facilitate this type of interaction.
What’s on Offer?
THINKARTWORKTT Studio’s aims to support visual artists by offering a contemporary artist studio and apartment space strategically located in prime business and entertainment environment of Woodbrook Port-of- Spain for a minimum of 4 weeks. Creatives can produce work individually or collaborate during the residency as well as interface with contemporary practitioners living and working in Trinidad.
Residencies will be scheduled to take place between the months of:
Jan – March, April – June, September – November yearly.
Please see the pictures below and a further outlined guide of all items concerning accommodation, local transport, amenities and costs.
Accommodation & Stipend:
- Groups of 3 or more can be accommodated with hotel partners details to follow
- Stipend of TTD $ ___________ would be provided monthly to assist with living expenses and entertainment
- Public Transport
- Pre-Arranged Pick up Service
- Car/ Bicycle Facility can be arranged
- Library of Art related publishing
- Tables & chairs
- Air Conditioning
- Exhibition room
- Wireless internet access
- Studio space
- A varied network of dynamic creatives to connect with
- Blog of activities and photography of activities for online publishing
Expectations of the resident artists:
- To come out to the studio a minimum of three days per week
- Supply their own materials and equipment
- Complete some form of public outreach in relation to the work created during the residency (artist talk/presentation, workshop, exhibition, etc.)
- Present an open house of his or her work at the close of the residency period
- To submit a report and feedback to TAW to our guidelines at the conclusion of the residency
Costs & Other Details:
- Accommodation & Studio: $2,000.00 US a month per person